• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Refurbished DX4 Heads for sale

InstantImpression

hello everyone. I just wanted to drop a note. I have a really used XC540. I love the machine. It has been great to me. I had a question about Refurbished DX4 heads. I hear they are out there, I have not seen any but I wanted to get a cost on them if they are are around. 600 dollars for OEM is still really steep for my as a small business. I have seen advertised at just over 500 from China. I have not heard anyone buying them. I was wondering if anyone has and their story on them. I have rebuilt this machine in and out so I know how to replace all the parts and boards. I just always get caught up on the heads. I wish I could find a place that has them. Maybe I am just wishing to much. Thanks again group. I appreciate the response.

player

Al it takes is getting stuck with 1 bad head and any savings are out the door. China heads are hit and miss, but again 1 bad one and you are out any savings...

brightbanner

i like vivid color
I have friend in China, is technician and parts supplier.
Their technician team can refurbished DX2 color head well, but not successful in DX4 head.
And he tell me that no one in China can refurbished DX4 head well now.

And, $500 is not good price for used head.
As their new DX4 solvent head price is $580 each pc now.

Maybe it is not a good idea to try refurbished DX4 head.

Brent

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There is no such thing as a refurbished head. You can flush a used head and maybe change the manifold, but the internal pieces are not refurbishable. So basically you would be getting a used head and hope it works for a while. For $500 it's definitely not worth it especially when you can get a new one for not much more and it will last for 3 to 5 years as long as you keep it clean whereas the used one might stop working tomorrow.

MikePro

yeah, the heads are pricey but they will last you over half a decade if properly maintained.
they are also your moneymaker. if you can't afford printheads to get your machine up to snuff, then put your worst printhead on the yellow channel, your best printhead on the black channel, and print only black/white while you outsource any prints that matter until you can.

tasos5102

hello everyone. I just wanted to drop a note. I have a really used XC540. I love the machine. It has been great to me. I had a question about Refurbished DX4 heads. I hear they are out there, I have not seen any but I wanted to get a cost on them if they are are around. 600 dollars for OEM is still really steep for my as a small business. I have seen advertised at just over 500 from China. I have not heard anyone buying them. I was wondering if anyone has and their story on them. I have rebuilt this machine in and out so I know how to replace all the parts and boards. I just always get caught up on the heads. I wish I could find a place that has them. Maybe I am just wishing to much. Thanks again group. I appreciate the response.

try to this eshop, i have already bay 3 printheads they work perfect, at a very good value for money
http://www.digiprint-supplies.com/epson-dx4-solvent.html