• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reg marks inside of graphic

JonMiller

Hi Gang,

Hope everyone is well.

I just wanted to know if it is possible to use reg marks inside of a graphic?
I have attached a picture to help explain what I mean...
The dark reg marks are your usual ones that are 'outside' of the graphic.
Is it possible to have reg marks further in (example using the grey reg marks)

Kind Regards,

Jon

Attachments

• reg marks.jpg
    reg marks.jpg
    582.9 KB · Views: 98

guato

I think there is a good macro for corel for offset cropmark, don't remember the name!

DesireeM

You could use illustrator (or Corel) and place a box with no fill or stroke inside the graphics and then set it to have crop marks. Then save as .eps or .cdr or save as a pdf.

Dave L.

It is possible to design this way, but in order to output most cutters/routers will read the mark as the perimeter of the file. I do know the latest graphtc plotter supports putting marks inside the file, but that is only done with their Corel/Illy plug-in and a graphtec FC8600. Its about time someone did this though.

JonMiller

Thanks for the responses.
I guess inverting the reg marks would achieve the same thing as the 'grey' ones but I think I noticed in the manual that when using that style of reg mark, they need to be completely outside of the artwork..??
I may be wrong though, not familiar with the cutter yet as have only just got it and haven't had a fancy separate cutter before :D
Dave, do you know what the plugin is or have a link to info on it? The cutter I have is the FC8600 which came with cutting master 3. Ah, just noticed the 'convert rectangle' option which let me create reg marks inside of the graphic. Not yet tested but will give it a go later.

(Hi Desiree, did you ever have any luck printing a shadow over the spot colour silver?)

Kind Regards,

Jon

midnightmadman

I think I know what your trying to do, and I don't think it will ever work how you want it too. The cutter will not understand these marks inside the cut area and just keep searching for them in the correct area

edgette

With my fc8000 and the corel macro, I have found I can move the marks in .75" in each direction and have them read properly. Anything else caused problems. It seemed I was wasting way to much material due to not being able to fit my designs into the stock print area with those marks. Even though it's only 1.5" extra width it has helped me a bunch.

MikeD

You'd probably be better off using a single set of marks for your graphtec. Have your different tool functions on separate layers; kiss-cut on one, and through-cut on another.
Are you trying to have two types of cuts in one job? if so, that's how I do it.
Good Luck!

JonMiller

thanks peeps.
nope, just looking to maximize print area when using a gerber edge. i think inverting the crop marks will be the best bet as it puts them inside the boundary of the graphic. i guess you would just have to put a piece of tape over the graphic in the area/line of sight between the reg marks when using the arms system