• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reg marks printing problem..shifted to the left of center, past pinch roller..HELP

TresL

I've contacted Roland and waiting to hear back.

My reg marks are printing to the left of the left roller.
Get Media gives correct size.

????

Attachments

• IMG_20130724_065210_011.jpg
    IMG_20130724_065210_011.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 77

TresL

also notice print starts to get blurry about 3' into the print. Like it's Shearing to the left

rjssigns

Never saw that before. Full report once you figure it out.

We had some difficulty with contour cutting recently. Found the reg marks to be 1 to 1.5mm wider on one side. Really buggered the cut. Ended up measuring the offset and "pre-skewing" the vinyl when reloading. Now today the dang thing is right on the money although the print is much much shorter. Yet another demon to battle.:frustrated:

TresL

If I restart the printer(full power & standby) Printer will start printing normal for around 3'

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Your encoder strip is dirty or damaged if the image shifts to the left as your facing the printer. I would clean it gently with a microfiber cloth. If that doesnt work the encoder strip is two sided and you can flip it over.

TresL

Found a small dust bunny hiding on it, I'll test and let you know. Thanks for the help so far.

TresL

So far, extra cleaning of the encoder strip has helped, I still need to run a 10' long piece to verify. AGAIN, THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!