• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RegFixer

signage

Well today was the first time I needed to use Rexfixer, and it worked great!

Now I would like to know if anyone has calculated how far the pixel movement is in this?

I will need to measure how far off it was, I know I set it to -3 and was printing at 300x600 and it corrected it just about perfect!

who elese has tried it?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I've used it a couple of times and, like you, got lucky on the first try each time. I've never sat and figured out what each number would represent dimensionally.

signage

I would like to know why Gerber doesn't say anything about the amount it moves other than pixels. I would think they would know roughly how much the adjustment is in 300x300 and 300x600! Or you would have possibly have done it Fred:)

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
That's the way Tony T thinks.

Years ago I set up a ruler decal in Omega for a metal shear I had purchased. It was totally in vectors and accurate to .001" in the software. But when I printed it on my Edge, it picked up an extra .5" over the 36" length. So I asked Tony about it and he gave me a response about pixels and how each is a little out of whack with what a vector node is showing. In the end the pixels win and they will never match up to vectors and that's the name of that tune.

Tony Teveris

The print head is 300 DPI so that makes a pixel (dot) .003" ( really .0033333333 as in 1/300). The print head represents the Y axis, now for the X axis we move the motor .003" per step. For 300x600 we play the game of moving the X axis a 1/2 step or .0015" (really .00166666") and the Y axis stays a 300 dpi.

Now most cutters are .001" or smaller per step so the games we play to match a cutter resolution to print resolution is a big PITA. One really needs to pay attention to "rounding" in the mathematics.

With RegFixer each unit represents a printer step (pixel) in the X axis. So 300 dpi = .003, 600 = .0016,

signage

So Tony you are saying if printed at 300x300 and adjusting -3 it is printing the image locations -.009" approximately, if 300x600 and adjusting the same -3 the image location is -.005" approximately? Is this correct because the on I did seemed to be more that those amounts but the -3 made it fine.

Tony Teveris

You are correct. What really happens is that within the spool file there are X moves where the head is lifted and we position down the vinyl. When you enter you adjustment we change the position within the spool file, that is it. When I was making labels for my mother's jam and jellys I did not want to use choke and spread so I came up with this idea and it work good enough for me so we passed it on to the users.