• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Registration Mark issue

signherup

I am using flexisignpro 8.1, and im running into some problems with the contour cutting lately. My equipment im using is a graphtec CE5000-120 and a Mutoh VJ1204.

So here is my issue, I get all my work done, place my contour cut around it and get ready to send it to my printer. I need these little contours (rectangles) to be nice and straight. So I go select my contour registration marks I want (Graphtec Segment Area Type1 which uses more than 4 marks). All looks well after I select done, and I send it to my printer. Than about half way through the print job, the problem occurs. There are no marks showing up like I selected. I go back into my general panel, it shows that I have the Segment Area Type 1 marks on it, but it never prints them. Than my whole media that just got printed goes to waste.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Is there any remedy to this? And also, once that issue has been resolved, is there a way to make it my default? I have used the registration marks before with huge success, but only when they rarely get printed on.

Thanks

jjones1

I tried that setting on mine because of a different problem. It didn't work for me either. I use the graphtec type 1 that boxes the image in and it works fine with my graphtec FC7000-75 for smaller images. The problem I have is that anything over about 8 inches tall, the cutter head reads the first registration mark but passes the 2nd one and gives me a mark scan error. I could use some help with that. Printing and cutting thru flexi 8.1 also.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What type and size marks is your plotter set to recognize? What's the command priority setting? Lastly, what's the firmware level in your plotter? There was a firmware upgrade a couple of years ago. It substantially enlarged the registration mark search area.

What happens if you load a print in the plotter and invoke the plotter's auto detect feature?