• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Registration Marks Inside the Design Area

MrSalumi

Hey everyone. I've run into this problem a few times now and it's starting to get old. I'll layout in Illustrator CS5, use cutting master 2 to ad reg marks, print, lam, load into the graphtec FC5100-150 and try to cut.. I get an error that says "Registration marks cannot be used because they are not completely outside of the design area" But they are!!! WTF? Am I missing something?

WI

I assume you're getting that from the CM2 application inside Illustrator? Make sure you've only got the path you're cutting selected. Failing that, see if nudging up the size of your artboard (not your registration marks) doesn't help.

MrSalumi

Yep it's coming from CM2.. I'll try bringing in the artboard but it seems like I've done that the last time it happened. Anyway, I'll try again. Also, I've never even realized which layers are selected when I cut... I'll try that too. Thanks!