• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Registration marks process (What am I overlooking?)

PITBULL DESIGN

We cut with the media guides in place frequently and used to have an employee who was convinced of the glare issue so he would lightly sand the gloss off the lam with a piece of emery cloth. I have stood in front of the printer and cast a shadow, blocked the light with my hand, not stood there, not blocked the light, same result. We always double check to make sure our media width matches that of when the piece was printed and set the base point after moving the media to center the first registration marks on the grey cutting strip.

The VGs actually have lights built into the print area. It's not the lights of the shop, surroundings. Its the printer lights that are the problem, especially with the chrome media guides.

2ny

Hi.
We have experienced some issues with our SG-540 and reading of the marks. We had to adjust the voltage meter that is located on top of the cut carriage.
At first we got information that the voltage was supposed to be around 2.3V. It worked ok for a while, but after adjustment from a technician that told us that the voltage was supposed to be 2.7+/-0.2 it did not work very well. I had to adjust the voltage down to 2.3/2.4 again, and it worked fine.
It is a little cumbersome to open up and do this, so do not attempt this if you are unsure of how to do this. Maybe conferr with a technician/your dealer.

Good luck
Tony

brycesteiner

I read/skimmed most of the replies. We had a similar issue on our ValueCut.
It would see the marks with no problem but once it was laminated it had a problem and couldnt' see it, then we'd get the error.
There was one issue issue going on but could be fixed a couple different ways. The distance of the LED lights in that room was too close and the angle causing it to misread.
fixes:
1. if we put regular scotch tape (matte) over the marks, it could see it.
2. We moved the cutter so that it was not so close to the light and it was under a shelf.

I think LED lighting may have had something to do with it because before we replaced our fluorescents with LED we did not have the problem.