• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reinstalled Corel 12 now can't plot.

Jillbeans

Thanks to my lovely virus, I thought it might be better to uninstall/reinstall Corel 12 for various reasons.
Now I've reinstalled Corel 12 with one burr under my saddle.
The little launch icon, like a rocket, which would send the selected file to my Graphtec to plot via Cutting Master just isn't there.
Perhaps I'm stupid and can't see it.
Perhaps I should plug in the plotter and turn it on.
(I didn't used to have to do that and now I'm just a little skeeved over the virus so extra cautious)
Perhaps I am just the world's biggest @sshole, a distinct possibility.
Anyone have any suggestions?
:thankyou::signs101:
Love......Jill

Kottwitz-Graphics

Thanks to my lovely virus, I thought it might be better to uninstall/reinstall Corel 12 for various reasons.
Now I've reinstalled Corel 12 with one burr under my saddle.
The little launch icon, like a rocket, which would send the selected file to my Graphtec to plot via Cutting Master just isn't there.
Perhaps I'm stupid and can't see it.
Perhaps I should plug in the plotter and turn it on.
(I didn't used to have to do that and now I'm just a little skeeved over the virus so extra cautious)
Perhaps I am just the world's biggest @sshole, a distinct possibility.
Anyone have any suggestions?
:thankyou::signs101:
Love......Jill

I'm not completely sure about making Corel work with a Graphtec, but with mine (x3 going to a Summa), it has to be a macro. If you go to Control J, and under the macro tab, it should be there, and just move it over to the corel desktop. *(forgive me if I'm wrong, I'm going on memory...When I get into the shop, I'll double check.)

Jillbeans

Would this possibly be on my cutting master cd?
I mean, I have alllll kinds of installation cds on my desk right now.
:)
And some fingernail biting scraps and pulled out hair.

Travis Stanley

lol, yes you can download it from the cd but graphtec support usally upgrades their version. Unistall the version you have then temporaily disable your firewall and anti-virus re-install cm2 then turn on firewall and antivirus. If you try to install with firewall and anti-virus on it won't register.

Jillbeans

I'm at it again.
Inadvertently installed an OEM Corel X4.
I've uninstalled it but now I can't plot from Corel 12 to my Graphtec.
I get the message from Cutting Master (which I just reinstalled)
as follows.
"Running Corel Not Found"
Pleaseeee help?
:thankyou:

Attachments

• Project1.jpg
    Project1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 104

OldPaint

you need to uninstall/reinstall cutting software. when you wiped corel it doesnt delete plotter driver. when you reinstalled corel, it dont find the driver, you have to clean h/d of any graphtec driver THEN.....after corel is installed reinstall graphtec drivers.

jiarby

I have found that sometimes in task manager I see two or three "Corel.EXE" processes running. When I kill all of them and restart Corel so that there is just one then it works.

Reboot also accomplishes the same thing.

Jillbeans

Bumping this up because I did it again, and uninstall/reinstall of Cutting Master plus rebooting umpteen times did nothing. This is after I uninstalled Corel 12, which I haven't ran since last summer (on X5 now)
Please help, I have a big job to cut for tomorrow, I'm broke, and I have to leave for my "real" job in a few. Hopefully when I log back in tonight someone will have a suggestion.
Thanks.

Jim Doggett

Jillbeans said:
Bumping this up because I did it again, and uninstall/reinstall of Cutting Master plus rebooting umpteen times did nothing. This is after I uninstalled Corel 12, which I haven't ran since last summer (on X5 now)
Please help, I have a big job to cut for tomorrow, I'm broke, and I have to leave for my "real" job in a few. Hopefully when I log back in tonight someone will have a suggestion.
Thanks.

Make sure the Visual Basic module installs. Guessing ...

Jim Doggett
SignWarehouse

Jillbeans

Got it working Jim.
Uninstalled X5, thus uninstalling the update, then reinstalled Cutting Master.
Whew!