• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Relay Scam?

Nena Bean

Has anyone been receiving calls from relay lately? We received two in the past week. Wondering if they are scams. The first one disconnected when we said we didn't take credit cards and the second one is two states away asking for a quote. Just curious.

Malkin

In the last several years we have received probably about 6-10 relay calls that were scams and 1 that was legit.

The scam calls have all the same earmarks as the scam emails.

The deaf community is well aware of these scam calls taking over the system and appreciate retailers at least taking the time to check to see if the call is legit before hanging up.

Typestries

I gave it a chance just to make sure it wasn't a true deaf caller. I hung up when 1. the caller was from california, 2, they were buying a van in Chicago 3. using a shipper to drop it at my shop 4. wanted it wrapped. 5. have a shipper pick it up and ship it back to cali. I'm done! I feel bad for the relay operators.