Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relay Scam?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Nena Bean, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Nena Bean

Nena Bean New Member

Oct 3, 2007
    Has anyone been receiving calls from relay lately? We received two in the past week. Wondering if they are scams. The first one disconnected when we said we didn't take credit cards and the second one is two states away asking for a quote. Just curious.

Tags:
  2. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    In the last several years we have received probably about 6-10 relay calls that were scams and 1 that was legit.

The scam calls have all the same earmarks as the scam emails.

The deaf community is well aware of these scam calls taking over the system and appreciate retailers at least taking the time to check to see if the call is legit before hanging up.

3. Typestries

Typestries Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2007
    NJ | VT
    I gave it a chance just to make sure it wasn't a true deaf caller. I hung up when 1. the caller was from california, 2, they were buying a van in Chicago 3. using a shipper to drop it at my shop 4. wanted it wrapped. 5. have a shipper pick it up and ship it back to cali. I'm done! I feel bad for the relay operators.