• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Remote Control Car Wrap

Spencer McMurtry

here is a remote control car i wrapped for a center peice at awards banquet

sorry for the low quality pictures i them with my cell phone high res coming soon!

Attachments

• IMAG0201_e.jpg
    IMAG0201_e.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 155
  • IMAG0204_e.jpg
    IMAG0204_e.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 135

DIGITAL360

Thats pretty cool. good idea doing a few of those and putting it on your desk. But doing something that small for a customer wouldnt be worth the time. i go where the money is at. I actually had a customer wanting a car wrap to find out he had a match box car. LOL

TresL

We wrap R/C cars everyday.
But, these are not your basic R/C's.

The motor in this truck retails for around $400 alone.
This one is customer installed.

Attachments

• curtisODtruggy.jpg
    curtisODtruggy.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 120

Spencer McMurtry

Hey TresL do you do anything to prep the paint before wrapping? i cleaned mine as well as i could with denatured (it took off some paint) and then i loaded on a ton of 3m primer on it, it helped it stick down a little better where it needed stretched.

Spencer McMurtry

Thats pretty cool. good idea doing a few of those and putting it on your desk. But doing something that small for a customer wouldnt be worth the time. i go where the money is at. I actually had a customer wanting a car wrap to find out he had a match box car. LOL

For the amount of time it took to make a template, design, print / lam, prep the paint and install i would charge $200 - $300. so i agree i don't see anyone spending that money on a wrapping a RC unless you could sell the client the vinyl and they installed it.

I just spent so much time on it because it was for a big banquet, it got a lot of attention. the said part is some one else got to take it home :( it was someone from a large bank though and they claim there going put it on display in the bank :).

TresL

I use MX grade material and very little stretching is done.
Basic cleaning on the clear polycarb body. The white you see is painted from the inside.

We sell many R/C related items and have custom templates for the industry items.
These are not your standard Radio Shack type cars, retails on what you see in the pic is over $1500

Doing templates for these make MX templates a breeze to make.