• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removable but not static material

David6ft6

I have a customer that needs to put a removable sign on the inside of the window. It's a realtor and they are affraid that someone would steal or vandelized the signs on the outside. I saw one from my customer that someone else did and it was real sticky but did not leave a residue behind. The sign was steardy but not a coraplast or heavy aluminum. Can anyone give me some pointers on this. I'm starting out with this business and my customer is a big commerical realtor so I'm really needing this to be good for them.

Thanks,
David
Woodlands Sign Company

MontereySigns

More information please.

Please describe the sizing of the signage and the quantities needed. Also, will this be double-sided?

-Bud

David6ft6

The size is 24" wide x 18" tall and just one sided. It almost looks like the sign that I saw was reverse printed on clear vinyl and the white backing took care of the areas that needed white. It just needs to be mounted on the inside glass looking out.

Thanks,
David
Woodlands Sign Company

MontereySigns

OK, I didn't get the quantities but I am guessing it is less than 50 at that size.

You are right on with what you want to do. You reverse print onto clear removable vinyl (like Orajet 3620) then laminate onto the top of the clear (non-adhesive side) any white adhesive vinyl with a clear adhesive (like Orajet 3640). This will yield an inexpensive fairly thick (8 mil) decal. You can make this double-sided but would need to carefully register before laminating.

If quanitities are higher, consider using Gudy Window Film by Neschen or UV white inks will present some options.

-Bud

David6ft6

Thanks... Right now I don't know the quantity other than they want four right now and will be ordering more if it works out. Let me get this right. Reverse print on removable vinyl, laminate and then put white vinyl on top of it to get it sturdy.

Thanks Again,
David
Woodlands Sign Company

MontereySigns

Well, that's not exactly right.

Reverse print (mirror image) onto clear, removable adhesive vinyl. So when you peel the liner off and look through the adhesive, everything is legible. Right?

Ok, then on the top of the clear vinyl (non-adhesive side) apply an opaque white vinyl. This white vinyl should have a clear adhesive (not grey), and will provided a white background so the colors on the clear are much better. Plus, it gives the decal some nice rigidity.

-Bud

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Print on something cheap like poly then put a double sided permanent/ultra removable mounting adhesive.

10sacer

from prior thread...

Trans-Flex-Cast Static Cling Vinyl

Trans-Flex-Cast™, a soft polished flexible vinyl adhered to cast coated board, is called an “adhesiveless decal”. Trans-Flex-Cast™ will self-adhere to most smooth surfaces including glass, polished metal and other plastics. It has been especially formulated for screen, offset and lithographic printing. Trans-Flex-Cast™ is ideal for window displays, point-of-purchase, freezer and refrigerator decals, and auto window decals.

Opps, I guess the customer knows what he's talking about!

http://www.transilwrap.com/PDFs/Prin...nsFlexCast.pdf

http://www.transilwrap.com/printableplastics_cling.html