• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Removable Decal for Aluminum Trucks

SoCalN8V

A customer of ours has a fleet of trucks and wants something like a magnet that can be removed every day. A regular magnet won’t work because the trucks have aluminum bodies. The trucks will driven up to 8 hours a day. Is there anything we can use?

unclebun

In a word, no. There will later be plenty who will offer dot technology or other methods of temporary attachment, but none of them fulfill the same task a magnetic sheet does on a steel bodied car. These technologies will fulfill the task of putting the homecoming queen's name on a fiberglass or aluminum bodied car for a parade, but not for daily application and removal with the kind of durability expected of magnetic sheeting.

flyplainsdrifta

what about fabritac, or the similar alternatives? removable, reusable (even after getting crumpled. can be saved if the contact paper is saved. would take some testing to see how it reacts with the surface but ive done them on golf carts and my fridge and my guitar without killing the finish. could be worth a try.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
For ease of use you’re looking at some sort of banner/sign frame if they need to be super durable (8 hours/day). Naturally this will also depend on size.

Repositionable vinyl would likely be a PITA for the customer/whoever needs to remove/store/reapply it. (Though that’s also fairly dependant on the size).

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
A customer of ours has a fleet of trucks and wants something like a magnet that can be removed every day. A regular magnet won’t work because the trucks have aluminum bodies. The trucks will driven up to 8 hours a day. Is there anything we can use?

Call me, I am local and I have a solution you can rock no problem. 714-878-7989 I am the resident dork when it comes to media.

Does it stay put on the vehicles?

Yes. As long as they are clean and have good paint. It takes some effort to pull them back off the vehicle so they have far more sticking power than magnets but the material doesn't stretch so you can wash them with soap and water and use again and again. The only thing you want to avoid is kinking them so they no longer lay flat, but they are cheaper to produce than magnets so customers can afford to replace them once in a while. It's the best solution I've found.