• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removable race neatballs.

Sin-Tek

In April a group of us have a race at Laguna Seca. We are going to have our individual numbers on a meatball designed for our club.

We decided to go with removable/reusable graphics for the meatballs, which is fine, but I have never used any kind of low tack vinyl. I have search on the forum for the last couple days and have found info about different types like fathead and jarhead not to mention different types of oracal and gmi vinyl. All of the info i found is mostly specific to how the materials react on walls.

I am looking for a material that would be removable and reusable(placed back on its backing) and used on a smooth surface. They would be printed and overlaminated.

does anyone have a good idea or experience with this.

the print would look like this.
CIMG1334.jpg Offsite Pic Replaced Please Observe Our Photo Posting Rules

the one in the pic is a magnetic i did.
any help would be great.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

ZsVinylInc

You might want to look at PhotoTex possibly. I heard that some people are using this on trucks and vehicle windows. Being as it is a fabric when you take it off you wouldn't have to worry about it stretching and it should go back on its backer ok but you would have to try it to be sure. I know you can get small sample rolls from them directly because we just received ours recently and are in the process of trying it out.

Sin-Tek

You might want to look at PhotoTex possibly. I heard that some people are using this on trucks and vehicle windows. Being as it is a fabric when you take it off you wouldn't have to worry about it stretching and it should go back on its backer ok but you would have to try it to be sure. I know you can get small sample rolls from them directly because we just received ours recently and are in the process of trying it out.

I have heard good things about this stuff, but my only concern is the texture. Can you overlam this stuff? or do you even need to? is the texture very rough or is it a light texture?

Malkin

I would say the texture is pretty smooth. I saw a sample today for the first time and it reminded me of nylon.

Sparky

I do these for local guys running track-days and or solo events. I use Avery 2601 (or whatever their wall vinyl number is, and yes, that is the only avery product I use). I can print the number and maybe a color matched style line around the meatball edge, and most importantly, I can lam it. Some like gloss, some like matte. It has been good for a year now.

cajun312

PhotoTex would work great for your event, they don't recommend laminating it though. I print on it with a VersaCam with no problems.