• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removable "stickers" on cargo vans? (No steel so no magnets!?)

Riskok

Hello guys

I´m looking for a solution to have "stickers" that you can add and remove on cargo vans (Quick and easy-like magnets) without any magnets because the sides are made out of composite/aluminum.
Any suggestions?

BR from Sweden.

Attachments

• big_135051_677748.jpg
    big_135051_677748.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 187

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
How long do you want the decals to last? There's nothing which will be added as quickly and easily as magnets but there are plenty of removable adhesive products which would require someone who knows how to install. Or you could do the truck-side curtain system where you put a frame around the side of the truck and then print on banner which can be welded and attached to the side of the truck pretty easily.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
If you're looking for something smaller that they can just quickly slap on the front doors and remove like magnets, a lot are using GlassApeel as an alternative to magnets for aluminum panels. It's a printable product that can be applied to anything smooth like glass, metal, and can be removed and re-used. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure some who use it will probably chime in on the positives and negatives of it.

If you're looking for something large format for the boxes, not sure if this would work well. Banner frame systems like MarkSnelling pointed out are better, but they also require mounting a frame to the box sides that are more permanent and destructive (bolt holes).

victor bogdanov

something like phototex would work, easy to apply and will come of easily. rated for 6 months outdoor.

I did some temporary trailer stickers for an even and worked great

unclebun

Glass Apeel works for a door "magnet" though it's not as reusable as real magnetics. I think there already is some kind of a changeable billboard system for truck/trailer boxes.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
This is one of the changeable banner systems

unclebun

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
I sell Glass Apeel and other products like it...I'd be afraid that if someone is just "slapping it up there" and didn't get a tight seal that it would blow right off the truck. I assume you are talking amateur installers? If so, I'd avoid anything where the lack of attention to detail (in terms of installing) could cause the graphic to blow off the truck in traffic. Just my two cents. If you are installing it and are smart enough to go over all four sides to make sure there are no tunnels or pockets, then that could work.