• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removable window decal?

TXGraphix24

I have a customer who wants a large decal for the back of her jeep, but wants to remove it during the weekends. I would use a magnet, but obviously its going on a window so that wouldnt work.

Im not familiar with static cling vinyl. Would this work? How long would this hold up if she took it off every weekend?

I would do a clear piece of static cling vinyl, and just apply vinyl over it.

anyone have any good brands of static cling vinyl?

Thanks for the help guys, ive learned so much on this forum.

heyskull

I have varying success with static cling vinyl.
The problems on a window is that most are not perfectley clear so you can't see clearly out the window.
Secondly storing it and keeping the graphic clean. I have found that once you have applied and re-fitted it a few times it is useless.
Try to talk them out of this as I wouldn't advise.

SC

TXGraphix24

Ill probably try to talk her out of it, or just get her to get a magnet, and put it on the metal, and not the window.

She wants to take it off every weekend.

stickerman68

have them buy another back window...it just zips in(soft top)...one with graphics..one plain...probably under hundred $

dman0427

I'd suggest that sign panel thing that hooks into the trailer hitch... hopefully it has a hitch.
I doubt the success of any "reusable" vinyl.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You can take static cling on and off for a pretty good amount of time as long as you reapply it each time using sprayed on water to float it and squeegee out the excess with a window cleaning squeegee. The main problem with static cling is that it's a short life material, 6 months to a year, and if the customer doesn't take it off periodically it will literally fuse itself to the glass.

If you customer stores them inside, away from sun and heat, when not in use they should last for several months of use. If that's worth it to them, then make the sale.

stickerman68

never can tell buttons.....reg cherokee??...hehe

Attachments

• 100201600la1.jpg
    100201600la1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 100