• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removal of vehicle wrap

jon vital

I think I saw this on Instagram. The matte red was a laminate over the chrome and it came off leaving the chrome still underneath.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
It's just a crap chinese vinyl. That chrome what's left is not vinyl. its all glue.

You can also try to spray the panel down with rapid remover and cover it immediately with cling food wrap. This won't allow the chemicals to evaporate as easy. Also saw a video a few days ago about a guy trying to remove some rust off a tool and what he did is he used some chemical but mixed it with flour and he just coated the tool completely then wrapped the whole thing with the cling wrap. He did leave that on for 24hrs but we are talking about rust. Not glue so you gotta test it what it does after 5 minutes or 10. If nothing happens then leave it on for 30 minutes. Test it again. Leave it on some more.etc...

I have tried vinyl off and it did nothing whatsoever.

kalvix

Ok so here is the final breakdown. The Film used was NOT chrome wrap film. It was Chrome sign film, when the CLIENT removed the film layer he left the mylar layer this insulated the adhesive layer from the chemicals we tried. We ended up breaking out out hot water pressure washer and kicking it up to 249 degrees and had to wash it 3 times, to get all the adhesive off. After them mylar layer was removed the adhesive was exposed and chemicals worked. We did managed to removed some of the paint in places and cut into the window trim a bit. When they installed the film, the removed everything, we DID not remove everything to remove because we didn't want water into the door areas or into the vehicle. They will need to get a full paint job on this car.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Ok so here is the final breakdown. The Film used was NOT chrome wrap film. It was Chrome sign film, when the CLIENT removed the film layer he left the mylar layer this insulated the adhesive layer from the chemicals we tried. We ended up breaking out out hot water pressure washer and kicking it up to 249 degrees and had to wash it 3 times, to get all the adhesive off. After them mylar layer was removed the adhesive was exposed and chemicals worked. We did managed to removed some of the paint in places and cut into the window trim a bit. When they installed the film, the removed everything, we DID not remove everything to remove because we didn't want water into the door areas or into the vehicle. They will need to get a full paint job on this car.

Wow...any finished photos?