Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove adhesive residue from shrinking wall wrap?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by VinylSticks, Jan 4, 2019.

1. VinylSticks

VinylSticks New Member

Jul 19, 2013
    NY
    One year ago, my team installed a large wall wrap in a hotel lobby, that is 6 ft. tall x 30 ft. long. We overlapped 6 sheets of high-tack vinyl 1/2". Fast forward to the present and now the vinyl has shrunk 1/8" at every seam and left adhesive exposed. The hotel manager wants the adhesive removed. We tried alcohol and goo gone, which did the trick but the problem is we used matte laminate and the goo gone is turning the laminate glossy. So we stopped to find a solution. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

Tags:
  2. jwilde

jwilde Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Muskegon, MI
    We use "Rapid Remover" and it doesn't affect the sheen. Maybe a lacquer thinner on the gloss area, but use sparingly to test a small area. Otherwise, I know the graffiti remover usually mattes up gloss signs.

3. Scott18

Scott18 New Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Comstock Park Michigan
    I have used a matte spray to fix things like this before, getting it to match nicely to the other version of matte is really tough though, and I would recommend testing it on a hidden spot to make sure it doesn't eat the vinyl.