• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help "Remove Cartridges" ??

GuruBrad_9

Mutoh Valuejet 1628X - So we've been having issues with our Cyan Ink dropping out. Did line flushes, pulled lines and cleaned by hand, started to get the Cyan slowly back but we ran out of Light Black Ink. We finally got a new cartridge in and quickly placed it in our Mutoh and powered up.

Upon Initializing, it tells me to start an ink charge, and the only button that responds is the menu button. When I press that, it tells me to remove cartridges. I do that, and I get the same message, Remove Cartridges. I've attached 3 photos, and you can see that the carts are definitely pulled out. I found somewhere online a suggesting of pulling all carts while powered on, then unplugging for 60-90 seconds, powering back on and seeing what it says. But I get no change when I do this. Just the exact same as above. I've cleaned the print head and tried having the print head on different levels(low, high, etc) but nothing.

I've got a monster truck and two busses ready to print, so if you guys have any ideas, I'm open to suggestions. Please keep in mind that I'm new to this printer and don't know all the corrects names, parts, and jargon. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3521.jpg
    IMG_3521.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3522.jpg
    IMG_3522.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
I'm not familiar with Mutoh's, but if they are anything like Roland's, it could be a bad sensor where the cartridges are inserted, does it tell you which cartridge it senses?

GuruBrad_9

I'm not familiar with Mutoh's, but if they are anything like Roland's, it could be a bad sensor where the cartridges are inserted, does it tell you which cartridge it senses?
No it doesn't, but up to now, it had no issue sensing which cart was pulled. So I'm leaning towards that's not it, but I guess I can't rule it out.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
If that's the case, then probably not. Hopefully someone with Mutoh Knowledge will be able to chime in and help you.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You've reset the machine back to it's initial fill so you're going to need to tell it it's already full.

-Power on while holding the up, right, and down buttons
-Once it boots up, scroll through the service menu until you find, "Parameter" and hit enter
-Scroll down to, "Update" and hit enter.
-Then scroll down to, "Charge FLG" and hit enter.
-Change the value to, "User:Init Charge" and hit enter
-Confirm you want to change the parameter when it asks and then reboot in normal mode

GuruBrad_9

You've reset the machine back to it's initial fill so you're going to need to tell it it's already full.

-Power on while holding the up, right, and down buttons
-Once it boots up, scroll through the service menu until you find, "Parameter" and hit enter
-Scroll down to, "Update" and hit enter.
-Then scroll down to, "Charge FLG" and hit enter.
-Change the value to, "User:Init Charge" and hit enter
-Confirm you want to change the parameter when it asks and then reboot in normal mode
This worked! You got me back into a normal start up and now I can finish trying to get my Cyan back, THANK YOU!!!