• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Remove eco-solvent ink from banner

dhamlett15

Does anyone know of a way to remove a thin line of eco-solvent ink from banner material?

I received an order of banners this morning from my wholesale printer and all 8 of them have a thin black line printed on them in the white background.

I contacted the printer this morning and so far they can not give me an answer and what they are gonna do about it but I need to deliver these banners tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any help

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I've never been able to remove any solvent ink that is cured with anything less than sanding/scraping. Even the data sheets list proper cleanup but not removal since it bonds and becomes part of the material (even if it does sit on top) ... but I'm pretty sure if you're willing to experiment ... a lot of my customers seem to be able to remove the ink (and most of the vinyl under it) by taking it to a truck wash was that uses acid.

Last edited:

dsmskyline

Depending on how long its been on there, you may be able to get away with fairly strong alcohol. Like 90%, not the 70% from a drug store.

It may get most of it off but still leave a slight discoloration.

sfr table hockey

Use the cleaning solution for that printer.

This is also what I do. Just use solvent cleaning fluid. I have used it on a customers printed banner (got off the internet) that was spelled wrong and removed that letter and pasted another printed letter in it's place.

Removed a whole printed line on another and not vey noticable after. There was a faint shadow.

I have notice on a gloss banner it will remove the gloss shine so take care for that. On matt banners does not seem as noticable.

I have used the solution on other printed sample just to see if their ink came off the same way and yes it does.

Do a test on some scrap if you are not sure to get an idea ow how easy it is.

cdiesel

Be careful--a lot of the solvents and such listed above will damage the banner material itself.