Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove Jewelite trim cap

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by michsanford, Oct 16, 2013.

1. michsanford

michsanford Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Gastonia, NC
    I have a customer that wants to freshen the sign faces by only replacing the trim caps. Any suggestions on how to remove them without harming the faces?

Thanks!!

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    lay face down on table, pull t/c outward and 'snap' it off

3. Moze

Moze Precision Sign Services

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    Just throwing this out there: Depending on the age of the faces and the quality of cement that was used, it's not unheard of for the letter to break before the trimcap breaks free. Weld-On and Lord adhesives (and others) chemically weld the two pieces, so the trim cap isn't necessarily the weak point.

4. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    Pop it off! We just stripped a set of channels and did just that. When done we hit the edges with a jitterbug sander as we changed from white to blue faces

5. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

I think you'll find that they are hanging on by a thread. last time I refreshed one, 50% of the trim came apart when removing the faces