• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

removing adhesive from plastic

slappy

Removed factory decals from a utv and tried rapid remover, but its dulling the plastic on the dump bed part which is black.

Anything else recommended? any tricks / tips?

slappy

Thanks Rex.... i ended up googling around after posting here and tried the wd and came back to post i found something.. takes freaking forever though to get it off with it.

Sign-Man Signs

Removed factory decals from a utv and tried rapid remover, but its dulling the plastic on the dump bed part which is black.

Anything else recommended? any tricks / tips?

Sounds like something amiss on the black. Been using Rapid Remover for years and never a problem with or on anything other than sticking squeegee in my mouth. Total numbness. I'd call them and ask then for a fix or why. Excellent product.

BobM

Try a small area with brake fluid, a trick Si Allen taught me for paint on plastic.

slappy

done already with wd40 with minimal dulling

rapid remover has ruined a few things for me. never a customers, but stuff around the shop. those smoked bins that you get from staples that mount on the wall to store papers, yup, made it look smoggy if that's even a word. Even the clear ones it ruined.

Bob, i'll keep the brake fluid idea in mind for next time, thanks Si always got good advice