• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removing Chevy Emblem?

BrianKE

Anyone know if the Chevy emblem on a truck lid is removable? Is it just double sided adhesive that I can scrape off or is it screwed or riveted onto the trunk lid?

Sorry I don't have a picture but I believe it is a Chevy Impala.

TIA

mtroup

On the newer ones that I have done for the local police dept. they were just put on with adhesive so I used a heat gun and off it came..

Gordy Saunders

I think it is put on with adhesive. I use a piece of nylon string about 1.5 feet long. Slide it behind the decal and then saw it off using the string as a saw. It never damages the finish. You'll still need to remove the left over adhesive.

spoolins

Kings Signs
What ive done is heat it up with a propane torch or heat gun,keep it moving so you dont burn the paint.Use a squeegee to lift up the edge.Sometimes i was even able to get most of the adhesive off, if you get it at the right temperature.Hope this helps