• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removing Ink lines from SC 500

Signguy100

Hello, does anyone out there know how to easily and safely remove ink lines from the carriage to check for blockages? I think there might be dried ink in the lines somewhere but don't want to force them off to inspect them. There appears to be a brass like fitting on the one end, but not certain how to remove the lines or if I should be removing them at that end..

Thanks again

anozira02

I had that happen to me a while back...this is what I did: removed the ink cartridge first then un screwed the ink line from the back of the ink cartridge, it's only hand tighten so it comes off easy. Next I removed the line from the damper, at that end of the line I used a syringe and started pulling out some ink. When the ink started coming freely I reinstalled the line at the cartridge end first and pulled some more ink into the syringe, then reinstalled the line to the damper and then put the machine through head clean. This will allow to suck ink into your line and your damper. Hope this will work for you as well!