• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Removing Top Laminator Roller

Rat_Fink

Hello - I have the model MVT-600 from masterlaminator.com.
After primarily running 30" material through, it has developed an indent. Now when I try to laminate large material or even mount to large panels, I get bubbles in the center.

I need to replace the top roller and I am having difficulty getting it out. Attached are some photos (that someone posted in another thread) that are identical to my machine.

I removed the retaining rings from the ends of the shaft. I would think that the bearing would slide off, but it feels as if it is catching on something on the other side. Unfortunately, I can not see in there.

lam1.jpg lam2.jpg

Has anyone removed one of these rollers that might be able to give me some help?

I have a call and email to the supplier, but have not heard back yet.

Thanks!

Andy D

No, but on a side note, we had a Seal laminator that had cuts and gouges in the top roller,
we removed it, took it to a machine shop & they were able to take 1/8" off... It worked as good as new then.

bannertime

If there isn't anything to unscrew, you may need to unscrew the chain from the bracket. Looks like once the chain is off, it'd slide out of the hole. Kind of surprised they haven't replied. David was pretty quick to reply when we were purchasing. lol.

I agree with the chain Idea. There should be some sort of slack needed to get those to slide off properly and they are not going to slide at an angle. Is the roller lowered as much as possible Those bearings should just barely fit over the center rod.

Rat_Fink

The lift mechanism was pressed on. I used a gear puller and it came right off. There isn't enough play to get the roller out so I had to disassemble one side of the frame.
hopefully able to get it back in the machine today to see how it works.

I found a local shop that has experience with these rollers - they trued it up for me - so fingers crossed.

Dave finally replied and told me that I'm on my own. No help whatsoever.

Andy D

I was thinking about this today and was wondering you had a flat spot or a low spot...
would it help to fix it to take out the material, crank the tension all the way up, rubber-to rubber,
and let it run for 6-8 hours.