• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Renaming Business - Soliciting opinions on direction.

Wraps ink

not to steal the thread but I have had some regret in my name choice at times but at the same time it says what I do and my customers know what they are coming to me for...on the down side we offer alot of other services (signs,banners etc.) my name is Wraps Ink so I've thought about (under the same business umbrella of course launching Signs Ink to get more signage business.Anyone have any thoughts? Just like some others have said even though we advertise offering alot more services I have customers that come to me for wraps but go to a sign franchise for signs.

Todd-sta

Thank you very much, everyone. It's great tapping into this professional resource for ideas.

When contemplating things like this, it's easy to get confused - because you're too close to it. A fresh set of eyes and a different perspective helps a lot.

As I mentioned in the original post, 'Todd's Signs' is exactly what I do NOT want.....

I will study your links, Dan.... and take into account your advice by defining what I am and where I am heading till I get to a point where I feel confident to take the next step.

There is some great jewels of wisdom in all your replies.... thanks again.

Hero Signs

If they let me make it, they will come
I worked for Cbeyond when they were a private company and we faced the battle of "what?" "what is the name of your company?" It was technology driven in that they SEE BEYOND the current limitations of communications services. This would at least open up a conversation that the customer seeing us as a regular Telco provider.

Now I own a First Last Name SIGNS company and I am not changing the name due to the well recognized name in the county. I face the problem now of the limited services offered for years, I am 50 years younger than my mentor and I now sell print, promotional items, sand blasted signs, lighted signs -through wholesaler. But people tell me each day the same as you, that they did not know we provided these services.

So I will release my strategy, use the 3-4 areas you want to increase as a Rider under my business name. This is simple but I have seen it prove very effective in internet and print advertising. No need for sentences, just the main areas you want to emphasize.

The other marketing I will be doing this month is phrasing on our billboards, a question pertaining to what the customer needs made. Not as cheesy as "Got Signs?" but short and punchy.

Hope this helps a bit.

OlsonSigns601

I realized my business name means nothing when a customer who was picking up a banner said he didnt know we made signs after seeing a pan face cabinet we recently installed on our portfolio board.

Mosh

I am too drunk to read all this, but a name does not make a company!
Call yourself "Pile of Crap", but if you make a good product you are good to go!
Names do not matter, the end product does!

visual800

your name does not have to specifically say what you do down to a T. Thats what bullets are for. I like your logo and I like your name, leave it alone and add items to it as to what you offer or do. I think sometimes we think a name change would make us feel better or bring new life into our company, I dont feel that revamping should always include a new name