• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Renting Signs

Edna

I have a customer lookng at some construction site signs. Now they just told me they are wanting to rent them for 6 months instead of buying them. The selling price of the signs was going to be $1,600, they have agreed to rent them for $400 a month for a 6 month lease.

Anyone do anything like this before? Kinda worried it might be a scam, but it is a big, well known company. And I have a CC number to charge the rent to each month.

Find it strange they are going to pay me $2,400 instead of $1,600 and then give the signs back to me when finished.

iowasigns

One of my local businesses will only rent and lease everything. Huge company with hundreds of emp. and dozens of locations. Not sure of the logic but some larger companys opperate this way. Maybe to keep debt low so it looks better on balance sheet? This company rented a newly built storage building from a person who personally told me that their payments will pay for the building, land and taxes in less than 5 years.
Why can't I find a deal like that.

Pat Whatley

I had that happen with a government contractor a few years ago. They were limited on what they could purchase under the contracts budget but they could rent anything needed to complete the job. They "rented" several 4x8 job site signs the same way....I had a credit card number on file and just charged it once a month for four months.

Chances are it's a scam....but your business isn't the one being scammed.

gabagoo

What I find amazing here is that Edna has managed to start a thread with no spelling errors...is this the same person?