• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

repeating an object in different sizes and spacing in a 180 degree circle

Knep

Good Day everyone! I am using Corel X7, trying to duplicate this logo, normally I would just go in and edit each square, but there has to be an easier way right!?!? I have tried this in Flexi as well, I came closer in flexi, but I cant get the different sizes and spacing just right! Any help or guide is appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    29.8 KB · Views: 158

Signarama Jockey

I was elbow deep in a big instructional thing, saying, first you find out this, and then that and then you apply this and lay that out in this way and then rotate by this and see if it... It was all too much.

So, I tried it and saw how I could do it.

How does this look? Squares in magenta.

hows this.jpg

Attachments

• hows this.pdf
    3.3 KB · Views: 78

Signarama Jockey

Looks pretty close nut you have a couple that are out of size in the progression
Yeah, that is the really tricky part. If you want, he can take the .pdf and try to adjust the sizes.

In my experience, if a customer doesn't have their logo in a vector format or at least in something better than a 318x318 jpg they don't really notice little differences like that.

JBurton

Signtologist
So I'd start with the outer shape and central set of squares, add a series of inset contours until you get down to the smallest size, then select the set of squares, rotate the circle by however many degrees, paste, repeat, delete extra contours, and then feel crushed when nobody notices.

Aaron Hunter

Draw a circle that matches the path of your objects. Draw and place your big and little boxes. Select both boxes, then use the blend tool. Select apply to new path icon then select your circle. You can then adjust your steps to match the existing.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 12.28.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 12.28.26 PM.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 87

JBurton

Signtologist
F*ck, the more I look at this, the more I really hate this logo. If only the central point was a square, instead of a gap, this would all be easy. I think it's just drawn wrong, the first two squares being truly level, every other one is not paired and individually cocked.
Also, the L and E touch...

Aaron Hunter

F*ck, the more I look at this, the more I really hate this logo. If only the central point was a square, instead of a gap, this would all be easy. I think it's just drawn wrong, the first two squares being truly level, every other one is not paired and individually cocked.
Also, the L and E touch...
Yeah this looks like a trace of a scan of a screen cap of a Canva file...0.o

Knep

I was elbow deep in a big instructional thing, saying, first you find out this, and then that and then you apply this and lay that out in this way and then rotate by this and see if it... It was all too much.

So, I tried it and saw how I could do it.

How does this look? Squares in magenta.

Dude, I appreciate that! I was not expecting anyone to do the work! Thank you! I hate this logo as well...the kerning kills me!

Stacey K

I like making signs
Well, I'm in the same boat. A customer came in yesterday with this...guess what post I thought of LOL

I'm going to look on Shutterstock, I really feel like I might be able to find the burst or something really close.

Attachments

• 421678016_1374312040116305_194778504238325968_n.jpg
    421678016_1374312040116305_194778504238325968_n.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 53

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Well, I'm in the same boat. A customer came in yesterday with this...guess what post I thought of LOL

I'm going to look on Shutterstock, I really feel like I might be able to find the burst or something really close.
Wow... I thought I got some terrible images to work with. Let me know if you can't find anything and I'll see if I can do something close enough at home tonight. That's insanely bad!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"

Stacey, will one of these work?

Attachments

• Rays.pdf
    273.7 KB · Views: 56

JBurton

Signtologist
This one is easier, make it out of strokes, rotate 3 degrees between each. In corel you can change the center of rotation to be the circle so it doesn't go all sideways.
1708012223939.png

Attachments

• better rays.pdf
    31.1 KB · Views: 69

Stacey K

I like making signs
This one is easier, make it out of strokes, rotate 3 degrees between each. In corel you can change the center of rotation to be the circle so it doesn't go all sideways.
Jeepers! I didn't expect this, thank you! I'm going to try what you said, this won't be the last time I get some crazy thing like this!