• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replaced 1204 printhead, NO PRINT

onestringer

We replaced the printhead and cables in our 1204 and everything looks fine...ink in lines and dampers, but it isn't printing anything...can't align with no print...anybody know what I've missed?

onestringer

just read this:

Richard:

I wish I had a dollar for the many times I have received a call from a customer stating I changed my printheads and now I cant print nothing, it goes through the motions but no ink is coming out...

Usually when I hear that they changed their own printheads and now have a problem, I ask, "Did you not only turn the power off but unplug the printer and cycle the power button a couple of times." Then I get the big lie of yes I did that. So when we confirm their is ink in the dmapers and we have ink flow..I have them check the fuses on the mainboard with a alligator clip, once the printer starts prining again, I then say, now tell me the truth, did you actually unplug the power cord before you changed the heads..once I prove that it was their mess up, they then come clean. As you know, its hard to fool a true technician. In my opinion a true technician can troubleshoot just about any problem and know the symptoms of what happens to cause the problems they are having. I have been doing repairs and troubleshooting 5 years and I am still amazed at end-users. Sometimes you have to let peoplpe find out on their own that there is more to repairing than just changing a part.

As for your in house testing before selling, I am so glad to hear that you do that.

YES WE DID UNPLUG AND CYCLE THE POWER ON AND OFF SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE STARTING THE SWITCH

So how do I check the fuse? Where is it?