• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replaced manifold on VP-540i - now print is misaligned

FulSnygg

Had to replace the manifold for the yellow printhead and now I guess I have to do some kind of calibration, because the printing is not aligned. Do I need a service manual? Where do I find it? :help

Ragnabrok

somewhere between the bias and vertical, and horizontal bi-direction for alignment. The first 2 are physical adjustments, moving the head sleds and test printing. the 2nd 2 are elecetric adjustments. print a graph, pick the best number. ALl in service mode only.

FulSnygg

Thanks for you input... will try your recomendations. It seems also that the yellow printhead is not in the right position, if I print a green square, it will have a yellow "shadow" at the edge, anyone knows how to correct this? Have tried to move it (the printhead) manually but it's impossible to get the right position. Or will adjustments of the alignment fix this too?

Dragos_RO

Thanks for you input... will try your recomendations. It seems also that the yellow printhead is not in the right position, if I print a green square, it will have a yellow "shadow" at the edge, anyone knows how to correct this? Have tried to move it (the printhead) manually but it's impossible to get the right position. Or will adjustments of the alignment fix this too?

You need a printhead calibration that cand only be done in the service menu.

Ragnabrok has described it very good. The yellow shadow will be resolved after the bias and horizontal calibration. If you don't know how better call a tech.

player

I have had a good Roland tech change out a head and do the alignments. I don't think it is something easily done without experience. You use the screws to manually align it with the help of test patterns. Then you use a software alignment with test patterns to micro fine tune it. There is also "tilt" adjustment with similar routines. Then you have to align all the heads with each other. As well the bias as mention.

Another thing- the screws that hold the heads require a very specific torq or tightening. There is a tiny screwdriver used for this. They need to be tight enough to hold the head, but loose enough to move with a head strike until the machine stops in that fraction of a second when the head hits something. My tech doesn't use the screwdriver, so it can be done without it. Here is the driver for $115:

http://www.bestool-kanon.com/items/...ease/newton-meter~cn-m~n-m-/n6ltdk-detail.htm

attachment.php

Attachments

• LTDK12.jpg
    LTDK12.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 120

FulSnygg

I will try to make the adjustments myself, if that don't work I will call a tech. Haven't used the service menu - if that's same as "service mode" (?) - before, that's why I might sound a bit confused. It's just a really bad time for this, just returned to my business after 3 months of sick leave after surgery... would like to avoid all costs possible at the moment. AND I really enjoy learning and fixing stuff myself.
I found some kind of sequense to press the buttons to access service mode, is this the correct way to do it?
Main Power on

down, right, left, up, right, down, left

hold the left, right, down and front panel power.

I really appreciate your help.:thankyou: