• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacement Head Print Resolution

gamerxr72

My boss recently replaced a DX5 Solvent Head on one of our VJ1604 printers.

The new head seems to have a gold plate on it instead of a silver plate like the original.

The print quality on the new head while good, is not as good as the original. It looks like someone added a faint noise filter to the artwork on everything it prints. It's nothing you'd notice from 3 feet away, but it's there.

Do you think this is just how the new head is, or is this some kind of calibration problem?

Robert M

Epson head

That head with the gold coloring is the Epson DX5 head designed for the Model R1900 desktop printer. Shoot me a PM for more details

gamerxr72

After some hours of calibration, the new print head with the gold plate prints better than the one we replaced did. The print quality is now excellent. It has been at least two weeks since then and there have been no problems.