• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacing a head on Roland SP540V - DIY or....

Tony Rome

Bad head on Roland SP540V

So I have been told it is not extremely difficult to do this and most of the places I called are ridiculously priced to do it so I thought, should I just do it myself?
First of all I talked to 3 different places and they mark that head up way too much, and then they charge too much to install.
So my questions are, has anyone here ever done it?
Do you know someone that can do it more affordable (with or without them supplying the head)
I can get the head for about $700, most places I checked are $1100 +
Thanks!
I am in Lancaster, PA

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We sell that print head all over the country and to many customers who install it themselves. The process is pretty straight forward and, as long as you take your time and make sure the printer is completely discharged before working on it, you can install it without worrying about damaging the machine. Feel free to give us a call: 303-733-6671. We can answer any questions you may have about the install.

player

Be careful that you get a good head. Apparently they sell off the B stock heads, so be sure to use a company that will supply the proper head, head rank numbers, as well as support and warranty the head.

Tony Rome

Be careful that you get a good head. Apparently they sell off the B stock heads, so be sure to use a company that will supply the proper head, head rank numbers, as well as support and warranty the head.
Will do. Thanks.
I am comfortable with where I am getting the head, now I just need someone affordable to put it in on the side...or it's all me.

El Barto

If it's still under warranty, pay someone to do it. If it's not, and you have a copy of the service manual, do it yourself. It's a pretty easy job (I'm doing two right now).