• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacing Dampers

rockiat

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what are the steps to changing dampers for a Roland Solvent Printer namely the VP-540? I guess it should be the same for all Roland Solvent Printers as they have two dampers for each color? And what to watch out for when i do this?

Another question i have is, what would happen if i unplug all the ink cartridges and leave it overnite? Would the cartridge bay needle dry up? Or would the ink line leak out?

Hope someone out there can help me answer my doubts! :D

Would've just call up the Roland Tech Rep IF we had any around my region.

GSGservice

Do NOT pull the cartridges and leave them out the ink will run out and the needle can dry out. The biggest thing to watch when removing dampers is to GENTLY pull them straight up SLOWLY do not twist or rock them. You also want to use a syringe to precharge the new dampers before installing them. It's easier to pull the left hand side dampers first but put on the RIGHT hand side damper first.
BTW where is your region? It's been a while since HS and I did not do great in world geometry

rockiat

GEOMETRICALLY i am in Brunei! It's in Asia Pacific beside Malaysia and Singapore.

So the inks will definitely leak out into the drain bottle if i pull the carts out over a long period of time?

I had a wicking problem earlier where all the inks leaked out overnight. And i think i've fixed it. But i didn't dare to leave the carts plugged in overnite and have unplugged them daily at closing time and would come back to still leaking inks the next morning. The difference is, it doesn't leak as much as before when it was wicking inks out.