• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

replacing print head this week, a few questions cj500 eco solvent

supurb

Hi there,

I'm replacing the heads on my printer this week. They are clogged after sitting for 2 years and they are done for. (I have another thread open with the cleaning and replacement of other parts i've tried)

I've read the service manual several times and I don't think i'll have any issues getting the heads in. My questions are surrounding the ink lines and how to handle the ink flow before and after replacement

1) Do i have to flush or pump the ink out of the lines for any reason prior to changing?
2) Once the heads are in, do i do a flush, do an ink fill, or a head clean?

Is any of this necessary or with the ink sitting in the dampers should i be ready to start printing and adjusting? I know I will need to adjust carriage height, head rank, head alignment & do a print cut adj.

3) When I bought the machine 3 of the inks were almost empty so i replaced them. 3 of the inks were pretty full but i'm told they were about a year and a half old. Should i have any concern with those inks clogging my new heads? I really don't want to replace them if they will still be okay.

Thanks

ddarlak

Go Bills!
pull carts out

take dampers out, take them off the lines

use a syringe to draw out the lines

put in a cleaning solution cart in one slot and pull the line clean until i looks clear

repeat to the other lines.

do same with dampers

replace heads

replace ink carts( do not use old ink)

draw ink into the line put damper back on, repeat

replace pump

replace capping station

do cleaning cycle or two

start making money

Alpha Star

Let me add to that... UNPLUG the machine. Then do what you have to do, and then MAKE SURE THE DATA CABLES ARE SEATED PROPERLY before plugging it back in. That's the most important thing right there.

supurb

pull carts out

take dampers out, take them off the lines

use a syringe to draw out the lines

put in a cleaning solution cart in one slot and pull the line clean until i looks clear

repeat to the other lines.

do same with dampers

replace heads

replace ink carts( do not use old ink)

draw ink into the line put damper back on, repeat

replace pump

replace capping station

do cleaning cycle or two

start making money

Sounds good, thanks for the input everyone. I will be absolutely sure to unplug the machine and turn the subpower off.

Should i perhaps just change out the inklines completely? They way I see it, i'll probably pay $50 for a liter or cleaning solution and brand new lines would probably cost about the same.

Alpha Star

Sounds good, thanks for the input everyone. I will be absolutely sure to unplug the machine and turn the subpower off.

Should i perhaps just change out the inklines completely? They way I see it, i'll probably pay $50 for a liter or cleaning solution and brand new lines would probably cost about the same.

You'll have cleaning fluid left over, and honestly if you're pulling clear fluid through, then the lines are totally fine.