Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

replacing printers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Print & Cut Systems' started by Brilliant, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Brilliant

Brilliant Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Hello,

I'd appreciate any experienced thoughts about this.

I currently have a Mimaki JV33-160 and a Mimaki CG-130fx II.

The thing is that as of a year ago I've completely stopped anything that has to do with local market, and I make stuff to sell online. I sell on eBay and Etsy and my business is now constantly growing. The problem is that I don't need these huge machines anymore, and it would be a huge time saver if I could print and cut in 1 machine. Plus I would be able to fit it in my studio, instead of having to print in my home's basement.

My machines are 4 years old, but I haven't used them much.

I talked to the representatives of Mimaki and Roland in my country and asked them if I could give them my machines for a smaller print/cut machine.

Mimaki says they can take both my machines and give me a new CJV30-60. He wouldn't tell me how much the new CJV30-60 costs, but he says it's a good deal. What do you think?

the Roland guy says he can't take the mimaki machines obviously but if I manage to sell them, then he can give me a new print/cut (60cm) roland machine for $9.000

What would you do?

2. jmcnicoll

jmcnicoll Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Green Bay, WI
    What kind of items are you selling? Size? Media being used?