• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacing Printheads on VP-540i

Drake23

Hello everyone! This is my first post on this (big!) forum, so be gentle if the thread allready exists somewhere.

We own an Roland VersaCam V-540i since 2009, now it's time to replace the black and blue print heads.
We are in doubt over do-it-ourself vs by-dealer.
A quick look at both costs can save us up to 800 euro's, so it's worth a try.

Are there people who replaced the heads themselfs? Does anyone have a step-by-step manual or something?

Any help would be much appriciated RolandDG isn't that helpful when it comes to do-it-yourself projects.

Digiprint Supplies sells the Epson DX4 heads OEM, dampers, cap tops and wipers, my guess that it's as good as any?

Hope to hear from you all!

Ragnabrok

Pros and cons to both sides of this coin. You dont want to snap a manifold, or half insert one of the head ribbon cables and blow a fuse on the main board. Process itself is tedious, but not difficult.

Sign Works

Solventinkjet.com is a merchant member here, they sell OEM Epson DX-4 printheads, provide step by step directions as well as free phone tech support. So nice to have my printer printing good as new once again thanks to Solventinkjet.com. :thumb:

http://www.solventinkjet.com/