Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing Roland Ink Tubes

Discussion in 'Roland' started by BrokenArrow, Dec 12, 2012.

1. BrokenArrow

BrokenArrow New Member

May 22, 2012
    Hi,
    I want to replace the ink lines in my roland. The machine is set up for water based inks. Is there any problem with replacing the old lines with solvent resistant tubing. Seems like it would be a good idea in case we wanted to convert back to solvent. Any thoughts?

2. Jack Knight1979

Jack Knight1979 Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Maine
    Google roland eco sol conversion. there's a guy out there that sells conversion kits with heater units, etc.

He'd know if you have to change the lines and will already have a good procedure for doing so.

3. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    Call Splash of Color, Keith Faulkner www.splashofcolor.com They do great work with the Roland conversions

4. BrokenArrow

BrokenArrow New Member

May 22, 2012
    re

Sorry for the confusion i want to run water based inks through solvent resistant tubing. Not convert a machine from water based to solvent.

5. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    Splash of Color

No worries! Give SPLASH a call; they are wonderful to work with!

6. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado
    Tubes

The tubes should be able to go from solvent to water, the problem will be the print heads, they will be difficult if not impossible to convert.

7. BrokenArrow

BrokenArrow New Member

May 22, 2012
    Did some further research purchasing the ink lines from roland will cost about 1$ an inch, this seems extremely high. Any one know of a reseller/manufactorer that i can get it cheaper from?

8. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado