• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacing stock UV bulb system with an LED system in a rastek h652

IvanDD

Hi everyone!

I have a rastek h652 thats past end of life and can no longer get support for it (though this isnt the sort of thing support would help with anyway), and we're wondering if its possible to replace the UV bulb set up with an LED UV set up.

In theory this doesnt sound impossible at all. I would assume you would just need to find an LED UV that 1. fits, and 2. provides the right output. Powering that LED UV light doesn't seem to difficult compared to what we have going on with our bulbs system at the moment.

Does anyone know where I would even kind of get started with this?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
You would also need to convert it to UV ink that is curable at the LED wavelength.
Someone has done this for around USD$10k on an Oce Arizona so it's definitely possible to do. (GregK or V.V. on this forum maybe)
Whether it's worth it is another argument altogether.

IvanDD

Yea, I guess thats the trick. I need to find what wavelength my UV ink cures for the rastek, and find a led system that is also that wavelength.