• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacing vinyl on Realtor Signs, curing time, vinyl type questions....

dyesuber

Hi all, thanks for an amazing info resource! I am totally new at all this, I have a Roland VP300.

I have a few questions.... There was a sign shop going out of biz and I got some Oracal 3551gra 3640 and 3621.

I have a Realtor who wants me to make a sticker to put cover and rehab his open house signs (A-frame).

Couple of questions:

Which of the above would work?
What vinyl, ideally would I use?

How long to let sit after printing before applying? I tried to apply the 3551 pretty soon after printing and it seemed like the felt covered vinyl scratched when I tried to squeegee....

I also got some frog juice, would this help protect the signs? Would it make sense to apply another laminate like this vinyl, by hand?

Sorry for the total noob questions....

Thanks!

Sam

dyesuber

Intro

Is this your intro?

I guess I am not sure what to intro with...:Oops:

Hi all..... :thankyou::signs101: for the info I have learned from you all so far!

I am new to all this, I have a few marketing ideas for some of the products that I am developing, that I wanted to expand on, and came across a used Roland VP-300, as well as some dye sub equipment.

I started playing around with different vinyls and cutting and heat pressing them to shirts.....

I've never worked in a shop, and am learning on the go. I don't intend to become a proper print shop, per se, but to use the equipment in house to market some of the products I am developing. I am also learning as I help out my family with their print needs.....

I apologize for the total noob questions, Im just trying to figure this out on my own, don't have anyone in town I can ask, and am trying to reduce the cost of my learning curve....

I live in California, love to surf, dive and fish. I have 2 dogs. Often I will try to find the end of the internet, or at least glimpse the edge of it, which is where I have found this forum and learned a lot. But I too, must sleep, so the search for the edge of the internets will resume again the following day...
:glasses:
I do enjoy long walks on the beach, usually with a fishing rod in hand and my dogs playing as I cast into the sunset....

Please let me know anything else you would like to know....

Sam

MikePro

unlaminated prints will scratch when squeegeed.
use a felt squeegee and either laminate or use premask for application.

any printable vinyl with grey adhesive will suffice, as to not let the existing graphic show through your new print.

and really? you need help on real-estate signs?
save the 3551RA, as that stuff is premium vinyl. use it for premium projects.
The 3621 has a grey adhesive, i highly recommend using it for this project. It's inexpensive and lasts pretty long for what its intended... temporary signage. 3640 is nice too, but with a clear adhesive... whatever you're applying to will show through your graphic. Save this for blank substrates.