• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacing white lines inside pump....

Slack11

I've got a falcon jr. And have had this happen twice recently. Either they get caught in the gears, or just split, but the white rubber lines in the ink pump get cut, and let ink go everywhere in the pump and maint. Station. I've pulled everything apart and cleaned it, but can you just replace the white lines rather than buying a whole new pump? Can you buy this line somewhere? Could you use the clear flexible line in the pump? Just hoping to fix this without buying unneeded parts

henryp

Should be no problem replacing just the broken part as long as you have the correct replacement tubing.

4R Graphics

I have replaced the lines in the pumps on a mimaki JV3 worked great just use the right tubing. Some tubing is softer than others. http://www.solventinkonline.com should have the tubing just make sure you get the clear tubing the white tubing is alot softer and wont last long in the pump. Call them and double check the tubing size. There website is not so great but its a one man show and the guy is really nice. Also when you replace the tubing in the pump make sure that you have the tubing pushed in all the way and that the gears are not rubbing on it this will kill any tubing very quickly. Last thing check that the outside little plastic piece that the tubing gets pushed against isnt cracked and flexing this happened to me and I kept having weak suction and then the tubing would shift a little and the gear would rub so make sure thats not happening as the tubing should not be able to rub if everythin is snug like it should be. Good luck.

Slack11

I only use the eco solvent ink in this... no second party ink.... I'll give that guy a call... I've had both happen, the lines get stuck in the gears after shifting, and also having them just split along the side as if it is just to tired from being "pumped". Regardless of which type, it creates a mess that really sucks to have to clean up. Thanks for the help, seems unnecessary to replace the whole pump when it is just these lines that are bad. I'll give that a try.

Thanks,

tbaker

While it's possible to replace the tubing, I wouldn't recommend it. Even though the pumps are fairly straight forward, if you don't get the tubing in the exact right spot, it will just cause problems, cause failures, and in general just increase your headaches. Better served to buy new pumps, install them and call it a day.

During installation make sure that they are run in a manner that keeps them free of the gears, mutohs are wire tied to the supports to keep them in place.

Slack11

The guy from CMYK parts told me to buy the pump for a 46" outdoor, to use in the Jr. He said that all I needed to do is make a new hole to mount the pump on, as it is a little different than the jr. Has anyone else done this? can you still use the same pump transmission gear to this pump, or is this different as well.

Bradster941

You can also go to your local lawn mower repair shop and buy a foot or two of gas line for the weed wackers. Yup, good stuff.

CheapVehicleWrap

I only use the eco solvent ink in this... no second party ink.... I'll give that guy a call... I've had both happen, the lines get stuck in the gears after shifting, and also having them just split along the side as if it is just to tired from being "pumped". Regardless of which type, it creates a mess that really sucks to have to clean up. Thanks for the help, seems unnecessary to replace the whole pump when it is just these lines that are bad. I'll give that a try.

Thanks,

I WAS referring to OEM ink.