• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reproduce this magnet

showcase 66

A lady I have done work for in the past called me up on Friday asking me if I do car magnets. She said that she had some made before but one of them has been stolen and wanted to get another one.

I told her because I didnt do the first one, I would be able to just make 1 to match what already has but I could make her a new set similar to what she had if that is what she wanted. Send me a pic of the original magnet and I will see what I can do.

About 5 mins ago, this is what I got. Followed with

This is the way I want my side signs to be for my truck

I think my machine will break if I try and do this.

Attachments

• angela mag.jpg
    angela mag.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 70

briankb

Premium Subscriber
this is probably one of those cases where if you just mock something up that's nicer she will bite and order a pair.

usually people aren't even aware what is possible so they just want what they've always had, terrible as it may be.

showcase 66

THis is kinda what I had done for her business cards a while back. She just wanted them to be plain. This seems to look a lot better to me then having everything on there.

Nothing against the people images, it is just too much on the magnet. IMO

Attachments

• angela mag new.jpg
    angela mag new.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 88

skyhigh

....based on her prices I would be worried about what she expects to pay for the magnets.

Haircut $10........ perm $75
They don't post them prices. I live with 4 women, I know how these things go.

note: the "4 women" is my pentance in life.....a wife and 3 daughters. When I was 18, my wish was to live with 4 women.....and God granted that wish. Although I learned two invaluable lessons.....1) be careful what you wish for, & 2) God has a sense of humor.

:banghead:

THAT MAGNET SUCKS.

Mosh

I used to care, and work extra hard to get the customer a nice design that works....now I just give them what they want and move on to a fun job. All that time I wasted on losers who go out of biz in 2-3 years I wish I had that time back in my life.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
sky.... you got that right.

Here's a guy who wished for a little head.............

Attachments

• little-head.jpg
    little-head.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 59

Mike F

sky.... you got that right.

Here's a guy who wished for a little head.............

Reminds me of the joke where the guy finds a genie and the genie says he'll give him whatever he wants, but the catch is that his wife gets double... so the guy tells the genie to beat him half to death. :rock-n-roll:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
THis is kinda what I had done for her business cards a while back. She just wanted them to be plain. This seems to look a lot better to me then having everything on there.

I hate to break this to you but yours isn't a whole hell of a lot better than hers.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey sky..... that's not fair. That's when I was all bulked up and working out too much. Everything is proportionate there. Just that my big muskles make it appear different.

Jillbeans

Offer to make her a new set for your usual price.
Use the Brody lose 99% of the sh!tty clip art.
She doesn't get to see the preview.
Man that is cow-kicked ugly.
Make sure to round the corners.
Looks like cheap mag put over a door with lots of Bondo in it.
Blecch.
Love....Jill

Pinfinity

SHUUUUT....UUUUP!!! Thats one of the nicest layouts I have seen in years. I love the font choices, colors for the type of business, clipart is sick! and check it out!...those huge condensed brackets surrounding the vertical area code, compliment the reverse panels. I would be carefull duplicating the design. Be sure there are no copyrights on that.

ucmj22

I used to care, and work extra hard to get the customer a nice design that works....now I just give them what they want and move on to a fun job. All that time I wasted on losers who go out of biz in 2-3 years I wish I had that time back in my life.

+1!

fmg

That is PLAIN awful