• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Resale price for printers (what are some of these guys thinking?)

CustomRide

I surf the web from time to time looking for printers...and on ebay for example Im just curious what are these people smoking trying to get next to retail on their printers? For example there was/is a VP540 on ebay buy it now for like 19.5k....I emailed them and asked what it was filled with. They said they are 21k new (have since dropped the price). Its like some of these people think since they are just a couple grand off list its a deal and wonder why the printer is still sitting in their garage. Its a tool to make money if done correctly make your money take the hit and stay in and get another machine or get out. Then their is a VP300 on ebay right now too at 10.5k. Are you serious? These are selling at nazdar for $13.4k with ink and with your choice of media with full warranty with training delivery and setup ect..... So even if I was right down the street from this $10.5k printer and I was looking at a new one is it really worth the extra $3k savings to load,transport,unload, setup with no errors, have no training, loose a year or so of the factory warranty and so on? ALL YOU SELLERS OUT THERE lay off the pipe. What do you guys think about this? am I wrong here? interested to hear your side.:thankyou:

OldPaint

then you got people selling printers for $150.00))))
all depends on what you think yours is worth.
i see a roland PNC-1100 for sale on there now for $795.00
i sold 2 of em for $500.

Doyle

The reason that people are asking these high prices for the printers is because that is probably WHAT THEY OWE on them! People selling their leased equipment are even higher because they have to pay off the entire lease and the buyout (many cases you can get a $1 buyout). Or if they have taken out a loan and paid on it for only a year, they have paid very little on the balance in the first year (depending on the term).....

I thought about selling mine so I could upgrade to a larger machine, but by the time I can get as much as I owe, I would rather finish out the lease and just get an additional printer and keep the original. I bought mine on a lease with a $1 buyout and afterwards realized that there is no way I can sell the thing before it is nearly paid off, I think I still owe around $7k on my 3 year old SP300V. I have decided to just stay with this machine until it is not even worth fixing and sub out the rest of my printing to wholesalers

Pat Whatley

I don't think you should have wasted your time posting. They are trying to sell something, they've named their price, the market will show them if they were too high or not. Why not start pricing at the top and work down?

TheSnowman

I have decided to just stay with this machine until it is not even worth fixing and sub out the rest of my printing to wholesalers.

That's my plan too. I wouldn't have bought mine had I known the availability of outsourcing. The previous owners did EVERYTHING in house, and what they didn't do in house, they didn't do period. Had I known what I know now, I'da put the $950 a month payment in my pocket and subbed it. I'm just a one man shop, so a payment like that can make or break me some months. Once it's paid off, it'll be great profit though, so I've kinda gotta look at that aspect I guess. We have a $1 buyout at the end of 3 years, and the 3rd year is just about here...just a few more months...THEN I GET MY NEW TRUCK!

hoppers

I think that 10.5K VP300 is a member here, his name is TACO if I remember correctly. Speak with him if you want to buy it (he just posted about it a day or so ago), he might have set it high to start with so that people could knock him down a bunch to get to his best offer range.

Usually works, but who knows with this economy right now.

SignsOfMaine

I think I remember a recent post for a roland XC540 for only like 3K off, when it was used 6 months. That's actually probably fair, but the hell of it is... reselling big ticket items that get used for practical purposes never seems to lead to a fair price. It's like cars, the instant it leaves the lot the value drops by half.

I think the XC-540 guy was crazy though because his used price was higher than the new price we got via a show deal.