• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Residential/Commercial Tint?

splizaat

Hey Guys -
We've been getting a lot of inquiries lately from our customers about tinting their building or home windows, for the purpose of privacy or UV or heat, etc.

Currently we have a customer looking for a one-way film (MIRROR) tint for their home windows in a couple rooms of the home. We typically convert a customer over to frost film for this, but they still want to see out.

With the increased inquiries in residential and commercial tinting, we may bring this on as a possibility of added capabilities for our shop. Can you direct me toward a supplier for these films?

rjssigns

Friend of mine that had a commercial tint business used Llumar. Ceramic was the thing for a while now there are infrared blocking films. Can't find the specific YouTube vid right now.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Solar Gard has all kinds of films available. Just cut to the size with a flatbed cutter and you are golden.

d fleming

I have a friend that tints and I send work his way. He is strictly a 3m shop as he does State Trooper vehicles by contract has to be 3m. I don't see why if you wanted to you couldn't you tube, practice on your own windows and go for it. Most all films are plotter cut from subscription vehicle templates so it's really just extending your skill set from signs to tinting. If you can apply edge to edge window graphics you should be able to tint.

Dale D

Ive done a ton of "etched glass" vinyl some of which we die cut custom designs in, but Fellers, Grimco, or none of my other suppliers have darkening, or blockout. Most of the commercial windows are approx 48 inches wide so I need at least that in width.