• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

resin ink from used with a pc-30 a good choice for outdoor stuff?

Carter13

I don't know much about the commercial printing business at all, but from what I gathered in one of my previous posts, dye and pigment based ink is not going to last long at all outdoors (even Permachrome from Colorspan?), especially with no lamination.

How about resin ink from a Roland pc-30, does the outdoor fade resistance compare with newer solvent inks?

Thanks for any replies

Last edited:

wes70

I think you mean a PC-50 or PC-60. BOth are thermal printer and will hold up just as good as solvent inks, but these printers are extremely expensive to run compared to solvent printers. Also, there are many that have had problems with the heads.

You can sub out prints way cheaper than printing with one these.

Carter13

I see that the resin ribbons cost about $55 each, I guess it is that they just don't last very long at all if you do much printing.

I'm looking at only a month or 2 of outdoor use before fading, when using pigmented ink like Permachrome?