• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Restaurant Logo: Opinions?

SEOR

Local client opening up a small grill and approached us for branding. Please give me your opinions on these 3 renderings. Their "flavor" is going to be basket served burgers, steak fries, sandwiches, etc.

The "and grill" is hand written and scanned/cleaned/vectorized.

Thanks,
SEOR

Attachments

• BCRAG.jpg
    BCRAG.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 128

GP

any chance they can go by Bear Creek Grill?

It's very catchy and the "and grill" does not seem to work in your renderings. The font, color and placement looks off in all three samples. Take the wording out and all three look great.

I think GRILL is more on point with their brand, if i am understanding it correctly. I would be curious if you can get the logos as tight when substituting GRILL for RESTAURANT.

GP

Marlene

the top left maybe with the word restaurant & grill, not the add on "and gril"l. the "and grill" looks like an after thought. it almost seems like it should be "grill & restaurant" since there's a grill in the logo. the colors aren't too great. bear creek sounds like it could be done in more nature colors like mossey green with the black grill.

SEOR

Unfortunately, the name is the name and I am working on a collaboration of thoughts from the client. I am not at liberty to switch the name around. And yes, "And Grill" is supposed to be viewed as a "bonus", we shall say.

Craig Sjoquist

Well I like what ya did and all 3 would go depends on shape of sign very nice.

the Grill needs work the R looks like a U with I.. step back you'll see change R to a lower case normal r ...not the scripted lower case r and should work.

showcase 66

I think the "and grill" looks like an after thought like Marlene said. Maybe if the Restaurant and grill were written like the "and grill". That might make it more appealing. Colors don't work for me either. Maybe a darker green instead of the red.

Circleville Signs

I think the biggest problem you have is the the rendering of the grill is a jagged edges line - which works with the concept. However, it is very jarring next to the font choice you have for "Bear Creek".

GP

didn't even notice the jagged line - I was focused on the text not sure i like that.

The concept is cool though, reminds me of a cattle brand.

"Deposit Please"

Recolor: Take out blue, green & red. Replace with light brown & orangish brown. Make "and grill" & smoke coming off grill the same color. Will help keep it together cuz "and grill" does look lost.