• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Restaurant menus

PhantomNeon

I have a brother opening a restaurant and I want to make menus for his restaurant, i already made the design, based on 20" x 15" double side, but I can change the size.
I have a Solvent Mimaki CJV-30 160, I was wonder if exist some rigid convenient material out there, or maybe someone printed menus before in a smart way ????
Thanks for your help !!!!!

Locals Find!

I am assuming you want to post them on a wall or something at that size. You could print them on vinyl and apply them to a number of substrates. Foamcore or pvc both would work well.

Edit: just re-read your post. Change the size to 11x17 and go to 4over and choose the sell sheets 16pt w/ uv on both sides and have them printed that way.

ucmj22

I have a brother opening a restaurant and I want to make menus for his restaurant, i already made the design, based on 20" x 15" double side, but I can change the size.
I have a Solvent Mimaki CJV-30 160, I was wonder if exist some rigid convenient material out there, or maybe someone printed menus before in a smart way ????
Thanks for your help !!!!!

I think it would look much better if it were printed on an offset press. I havent found anything that I can print on With my XC-540 that will best an offset for small collateral material.

Locals Find!

Then go to 4over and pick flyers/brochures print on 100lb gloss cover stock w/ aqueous coating and tri-fold.

This is the same advice I would give a customer minus the 4over part.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If he’s just opening, he’s probably going to add a few new dishes and maybe even remove some. He’ll probably change some prices around a little, too. Why not just make a master copy and take them it to someone with a color copier and run a bunch off for just pennies ?? Far less expensive and just as nice. If you’re worried about them being flimsy, use a heavier stock of paper or try index paper.

Once he has his menu about right, then maybe look into printing them yourself, but be careful you stuff is encapsulated and not just laminated. Otherwise, they’ll be ruined in no time. Menus must be washed continually and just laminating one side is not a good idea if you want to keep that professional and clean look in a restaurant atmosphere.