• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Results: Banner install on semi trailer

visual800

We wrapped up the install of the truckads.com banner system for a client. There were 2 of us and it took 4 hours.

Step 1. Clean trailer area with alcohol were velcro will be placed.
Step 2. Wipe same area with Activator wipe available with kit
Step 3. Place velcro on truck. 1 row on top, bottom and rear, double row on front
Step 4. Place velco on banner after checking sizes of banner on trailer
Step 5. Place banner on top of truck and every 5 or so feet, pound into velcro just to hold it. Start at front and work banner on with roller, included in kit, do top only
Step 6. Do front and work into bottom track, pulling tight
Step 7. Go back and tighten here and there

the velcro was 3M dual lock. This was some mean agressive stuff. Bout 1"wide. This velcro is actually mushroom heads that interlock, very interesting. The company allowed $350 per install, not too bad for 2 guys and 4 hours work. 1 stage of scaffolding and 1-12' ladder. The install was for one side only. The next time I think it could be 3 hours for two guys.

Im glad we did it. It was cool and I have no doubts this stuff will not blow off.

I will add one thing I did not understand. It also had some plastic clips about 7 on front, top and rear. I do not see the purposes for these. The clips were flat and you vhb tape them to truck and then vhb to banner. In the event the velcro fails what the hell are these clips going to do? Pointless in my opinion. Someone may shed light on this

in closing, the graphics sucked!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 253

the graphics co

Interesting job. The velcro probably cost more than the print. That stuff is pricey.

I did a similar project a few years back that included a track system that you had to screw into the truck body and ratchet strap to the undercarriage. The install was fast but i wasn't a fan of punching a bunch of holes into the box. Nice to see they came up with a way to not damage the truck.

Lauren

Thank you for sharing, very cool. Do you know about any guarantee on the banner staying on the truck? The first question that came up when I showed a couple people was "what happens if the banner flies off??"...any protection or guarantee from Truck Ads?

bigben

So if I want to do the same thing I only buy 3M dual lock velcro, print on banner and voilà!? The activator is probably somekind of rapidtac or something similar? And I also don't understand what the plastic square are for.

fozzie

On systems like this, what you are buying is their testing, certifications, and liability underwriting.
When you venture off on your own and use similar (but not necessarily same and untested) stuff and the 8' x 50' banner comes flying off on an interstate causing accidents, the savings arent worth it.

Tony McD

I think the trailer will just be parked somewhere for advertisment, and they won't be driving cross country with it ?

visual800

The truck has beeen on the road since install and I have heard nothing. I doubt they are liable for anything I dont know. The owner bought the package I just installed it. i really do not see this flying off

FS-Keith

On systems like this, what you are buying is their testing, certifications, and liability underwriting.
When you venture off on your own and use similar (but not necessarily same and untested) stuff and the 8' x 50' banner comes flying off on an interstate causing accidents, the savings arent worth it.

you actually think they would assume any liability if something where to happen,c'mon

visual800

Thank you for sharing, very cool. Do you know about any guarantee on the banner staying on the truck? The first question that came up when I showed a couple people was "what happens if the banner flies off??"...any protection or guarantee from Truck Ads?

Laura I highly doubt it. If I have learned anything from the sign biz its the "IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" answer to any issues. PVC failing? YOUR FAULT. Paint pelling? YOUR FAULT! Vinyl rolls miscolored YOUR FAULT!

Everything in this industry that has failed is always the fault of who installed it or used it NEVER the fault of the manufacturer

HulkSmash

We wrapped up the install of the truckads.com banner system for a client. There were 2 of us and it took 4 hours.

Step 1. Clean trailer area with alcohol were velcro will be placed.
Step 2. Wipe same area with Activator wipe available with kit
Step 3. Place velcro on truck. 1 row on top, bottom and rear, double row on front
Step 4. Place velco on banner after checking sizes of banner on trailer
Step 5. Place banner on top of truck and every 5 or so feet, pound into velcro just to hold it. Start at front and work banner on with roller, included in kit, do top only
Step 6. Do front and work into bottom track, pulling tight
Step 7. Go back and tighten here and there

the velcro was 3M dual lock. This was some mean agressive stuff. Bout 1"wide. This velcro is actually mushroom heads that interlock, very interesting. The company allowed $350 per install, not too bad for 2 guys and 4 hours work. 1 stage of scaffolding and 1-12' ladder. The install was for one side only. The next time I think it could be 3 hours for two guys.

Im glad we did it. It was cool and I have no doubts this stuff will not blow off.

I will add one thing I did not understand. It also had some plastic clips about 7 on front, top and rear. I do not see the purposes for these. The clips were flat and you vhb tape them to truck and then vhb to banner. In the event the velcro fails what the hell are these clips going to do? Pointless in my opinion. Someone may shed light on this

in closing, the graphics sucked!

cool install.

only 1 issue. $350 isn't nearly enough.

visual800

cool install.

only 1 issue. $350 isn't nearly enough.

My first bid was $600. the guy that bought it said the mqanufacturer alloted $350 (my first thoughts were, that was arrogant of the company to assume) and realized it was only one side. I had nothing going on anyway so what the hell! plus it was a chance to jump on something new. i did it and got the money, no regrets, better than sitting at house