• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Retail Packaging

David6ft6

I do a bunch of car decals and was approach by a small store in the local mall who wants to buy some of my decals. This is new to me so I'm needed some advise on packaging the decals to present them to the customer. I'm thinking a plastic bag with the printed spline to top with the item description. I just don't know where to go from here. Do I try to do this on my own? Find a source for the bags and print the splines myself or find someone and/or company to take of this myself. I think I would like to do this myself if someone can point me to the right direction. I'm thinking of clear hanging bags. The dimension is 6" x 8" to 10" x 13".

Thanks,
David

rambo555

If the customer is selling them 1 at a time, then put them into the baggies. Use the spline like you thought about. Spend some time on the creating a nice spline that shows your logo. Make sure the store OKs this before you have it put on the store shelves. Make sure the customer can tell who created the product even if its something simple like a "Made by" section on the back.

David6ft6

Don't know on the amounts just yet. They have three stores and I'm hoping that they would want somewhere to 10 different products x at less 10-20 each to start off. I have a appointment with them on Sat morning so I wanted to present something nice for them. Hoping to lead into something big.

Thanks,
David

John L

I don't know what your content is, but for most expamples I can think of, you should try to NOT make this look mass produced.

Packaging and bar codes really speak "Walmart" and "mass-made in China" nowadays. IMO, this really has the effect of a de-value of your offerings in the eyes of the shopper. At the point of purchase, the customer needs to get the impression that if they do not buy this item here... they will lose their chance to get it. Because this item is obviously not available elsewhere.