• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Retaining warped letters

PixelGrafix

Hello!

I have to cut letters out in an arch i created with warp in Illustrator. I'm using a brushed stainless steel vinyl and need the brush to run vertically. When i took my letters and placed them on the new illustrator file, i lose the graduated stretch of each individual letters. Is there a way to create an arch with the graduated warp and turn it sideways on my vinyl? I'm completely flummoxed!

I'll post this picture to show my original outlines, and the arch with the width difference that i need. and the second photo shows what happens when i turn it to cut on the vertical brush steel.

It's not really a versaworks or hardware issue - It's probably something silly in illustrator that is evading me.

Thanks for any insight.
attachment.php

Mary

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 1.27.59 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 1.27.59 PM copy.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 219

PixelGrafix

Expand Appearance

Just started fiddling with illustrator. I found it - leaving on the board in case someone else needs same info. Select object, go to OBJECT, EXPAND APPEARANCE. voila!

T_K

When you just do the warp, it leaves it as a mathematical calculation of the original. Like the others said, you need to do Object > Expand. This locks the letters into their warped state.

NOTE: you may want to save these as a separate production file. Once you expand the object, you can no longer edit the warp settings on it.