• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Retractable banner stand...on a stick supplier?

Pat Whatley

I've got a customer who needs a retractable banner stand but not the typical stand. Her problem is that sometimes she's at a trade show where she has to put the stand on a table, sometimes it will be behind the table and she wants to use the same banner stand for both and it has to be retractable.

The problem is that if it's made to go on the table when she has to put it on the floor behind the table you can't see it all, the table hides it. She wants adjustable legs on the stand.

Is there such a thing out there? I've gone through the 15 or so suppliers I have bookmarked and haven't found anything.

I did suggest doing an 8' tall banner with the bottom two feet blank (printed in the same background as the rest) so when she put it on the table she could make it 6', when it was on the floor she could pull out the rest. She didn't like that idea.

Any suggestions on where I might find something like this?

I did suggest doing an 8' tall banner with the bottom two feet blank (printed in the same background as the rest) so when she put it on the table she could make it 6', when it was on the floor she could pull out the rest. She didn't like that idea.

That's the only thing I can think of (and a good suggestion) could you fab up a little aluminum "table" it could sit on when not on the display table?

Pat Whatley

Knowing what the reaction would be I called Grimco anyway. The answer I got was "Huh?"

I don't think Grimco carries ANY retractable stands.

Williams Signs

Pat I can finally contribute some useful information. First I would suggest selling her two stands. A tabletop model and a full size model. I have used two sources for bannerstands one is creativebanner.com the other one is Orbus365.com both have nice stands. Orbus has a very nice bamboo series. The bamboo from orbus for a full size stand is 82.00 plud shipping. Creative banners has a budget full size stand for 25.00, it is called the syrus. Both stands are retractable. They both sell tabletop models as well. I would suggest using Pop-Up brand banner material from fellers. It is awesome for these stands. I hope you find this info valuable.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Pat, we regularly sell the Barracuda retractable to do just that. We design it basically in two halves - with the bottom being more generic (like contact info or additional pictures) and the top carrying the important information. When used with only the top on a table, the bottom doesn't show but there's no worry about it because of the bc's and brochures on the table with it.

I've done probably 6 or 7 of these like this and the customers have been very happy with them.

gabagoo

Pat, we regularly sell the Barracuda retractable to do just that. We design it basically in two halves - with the bottom being more generic (like contact info or additional pictures) and the top carrying the important information. When used with only the top on a table, the bottom doesn't show but there's no worry about it because of the bc's and brochures on the table with it.

I've done probably 6 or 7 of these like this and the customers have been very happy with them.

just to add that the Barracuda has a telescopic pole that locks in any position, which most stands dont.