• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Retractable Banner Stands problem

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
So we purchased some RBS's relatively recently, and have had a problem with 2 of them. It seemed that the adhesive strip on the top bar was not strong enough to support the weight of the banner, and the banner was pulling away from the adhesive strip despite being "locked in" via a metal clamp AND adhesive strip. We actually tried using banner tape (stickiest stuff known to man) on both sides as well, and had the same problem.

Anyone have any ideas as to what can be done to engineer a solution using the smae stands? We're looking at thru-riveting through the metal as a last resort, but honestly, you would think that 2 strips of banner tape on either side of the clamp at the top would hold it.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
super glue???
Typically the tape supplied from the vendors for those thing suck to begin with. IF the Material isnt thick enough for the grip to hold it, maybe just adding a layer of vinyl at the top with some HH66 Cement on it would work better.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The adhesive on banner retracters is never sufficient. Ever.

I keep a roll of black duct tape on hand and as a matter of course I always put a piece of the duct tape over the joints between the banner and the retracter both top and bottom. If you carefully apply and just as carefully trim the duct tape to the width of the banner it looks as if it was merely part of the mechanism. No one has ever commented on it being there.

I've never, as in ever, had a failure of the banner to stand joints using the duct tape overlay. If black isn't part of your scene, you can get duct tape in whatever color gets you off.

AnthonyNatale

The next time you order bannerstands

I am sorry to hear about your trouble with the banner stands. I have heard of this complaint about retractable banners that rely on adhesive or adhesive+ instead of using a heavy duty clamping rail.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

signage

If you want to try and sell to people on this forum you should become a Mechant Member! did you read the rules?